Sunday, July 20, 2008

I am it!

1. Ten years ago I lived on Maverick Rd. in the lovely Las Vegas. I was the R.S. President and loved the wonderful people in our ward. I delivered soup to the sick and afflicted on a bike because my beautiful children needed all the cars. I served as the chairman of a committee to make recommendations to the legislature regarding the funding of school construction. I had no idea that a year later I would live in Salt Lake City.


2. I love snacks - pasteries are among my favorite although one does not see many around the house because I would eat too many of them. I love nuts, especially almonds. Almonds with salt, almonds with chocolate, almonds with coconut, and plain almonds. I love peanut m & m.s and almond joys. I love to snack on crackers, fruit and veggies.

3. Things on my "to do list": Clean my house, wash the windows, frame the pictures, paint the bathroom and other rooms.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Set up an education scholarship fund for family members and a general one based on qualifications and need. Take my children and their husbands on a European vacation to Russia (Allyson's mission), Germany (David's mission), Hungary (Cory's mission), England (Family history and Dad's convert family), Denmark (family history), and Spain (Kam's mission - Cody and Kristy language). Take another vacation with the grandchildren to Ohio (Amy's mission) and Florida (John's mission) and other church history sites.  Are you all voting for me to win the billion?

5. Where I have lived: Pocatello, Idaho; Miami, Florida; Provo, Utah; Tucson, Arizona; Phoenix, Arizona; Spokane, Washington; Las Vegas, Nevada; South Jordan, Utah.

OK, next person. 

7 comments:

Bliss Sorority (XX) - Flagstaff Chapter said...

Mom!!!! You did it. Good girl. I never realized how much you love almonds. Just another one of those things you sacrificed to have an angel like me in your house. Love you and I'll see you later.

Shelly said...

I am SO proud of you!! I know what an effort it took for you to answer this so thank you for playing! I didn't know you delivered soup on bike to the sick and afflicted. How did I not know that? I guess I was too busy being greedy with the car (since I couldn't drive stick shift and all). See, I thought I knew EVERYTHING about you.

Amy said...

Mom, I, being your favorite daughter, knew all of that! AND since I am such a wonderful daughter 10 years ago I didn't even have one of your cars. Good job Mom!!

Bliss Sorority (XX) - Flagstaff Chapter said...

Wait, wait, wait. Ten years ago NONE of us had Mom's car, right? Amy was 22 and gone on her mission, I was 20 and living in Utah driving Amy's roller skate, and Shelly was 18...you weren't at college yet were you. You and Allyson the Younger were the only ones at home, and unless I;m mistaken, Al was only 14. How many cars did you drive at once Shelly? I guess that explains why I had zero recolection of Mom delivering soup of any kind.

Amy, where are your answers? You are such a freeloader, just coming on here and living off all of our hard work. I expect to see some contributing soon or you'll be written out of my will.

Susan said...

OK, perhaps the car thing was 11 years ago. I did deliver soup on my bike although all of you might have been at school (with my car - Gladys) so you did not notice me on the bike. The little escort must have been somewhere with one of you.

Shelly said...

Wait - I saw you one time at school on your bike! No. . . that was the bike cop.

Oh how I remember the three of us sharing the escort, and all the times of push starting the car in the parking lot. The escort was great but the G-ride takes the cake. I still have to laugh about the time I lived at the condo in Provo and someone wrote "ghetto" in the snow on my back windshield. SO dang funny. See, now if we'd had normal cars, or even our own cars, we would have missed all the fun memories.

Bliss Sorority (XX) - Flagstaff Chapter said...

That is so funny!! I didn't remember that someone wrote "ghetto"; it would have been really funny if it had been me. I also don't remember push starting the car. What I do remember is all the times I had to get that dang roller skate (bless it's heart) jump started, often by boys who I had to teach how to use the cables they had in the backs of their cars. I also remember getting kicked out of the Jiffy Lube. Apparently, they have a cap on how many free top-offs they will give you in between oil changes....