Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics

Are you guys loving watching the olympics? I just love it. I have nostalgic memories of watching the olympics growing up. I remember dad watching with me while peeling an orange over a towel one time. Weird that I remember that detail huh.

Anyway, we've been watching it a lot. Did anyone see the 4 man swim relay two nights ago where U.S. took gold when everyone was expecting France to win? The commenter said "France has said they came here to smash the Americans." I love it when smack talkers get put in their place. France was looking like they would win, but at the last minute our guy out swam him and put us in first place. It was a really exciting race!

I also really enjoyed the men's gymnastics last night. They pulled off a bronze medal when no one thought they had a shot at any. Apparently they are all olympic first timers and were not expected to do well without any returning olympians. They were so proud of themselves; it was fun to watch someone be excited about a bronze. The Chinese took gold and it's a good thing they did. . . for them! The Chinese coach is slightly disturbing with some of the comments he made about gold being the only choice for his team. And the looks he was giving the camera when the first Chinese guy messed up on the floor routine. . . yikes, someone was going to lose a finger when they got home or something!!

Which parts have you been watching?

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Yeah I totally agree with you X-wake!! I absolutely love the gymnastics. Did you hear that the Chinese team may be disqualified since they're little girls are really 13 and not 16??

Amy said...

We'll just see if they ever really do that. j We watched almost every single night. I don't know what I liked the most. It brought me back to the SLC olympics. What a unique experience.

Bliss Sorority (XX) - Flagstaff Chapter said...

Did they really DQ the Chinese? What a blow to a country that is all about honor. I guess wickedness never really was happiness...