Tuesday, November 18, 2008

HB Bobbie

Happy Birthday Mom!

I just wanted to take a quick minute to tell you how great you are! I hope today was fun for you! I can't wait to see how your hair looks when it's all done. Stay tuned for birthday party part 2 featuring Cory and I painting your bathroom.

I think you're the greatest but you already know that right? It will be tough to narrow it down, but here are some of my favorite things about you:

1. You have a calming influence. When everything is going wrong for me, you just have to simply be in the room and I feel more peaceful. You've always taken little mishaps in stride. I love that!

2. You're a friend. You really care about me and would do anything to make my life easier. You've always been my biggest fan. I can remember times of hugging you as a toddler, bike rides with you as a kid, you helping me so faithfully with my math homework in high school, our outings to Smiths sometimes accompanied by Heidi on Friday nights, writing me letters via snail mail and email during college, and the generosity of letting us live with you many times :-) There are many more I could share, but those are a few that I thought of right now.

3. You love everyone, regardless. Unconditional love. You are a safe haven and I know I can tell you things without you saying anything that would even slightly offend me. You show this same non-judegemental love to everyone and welcome them with open arms.

4. You are way more talented than I could ever imagine being. You're dilligent about cleaning, you sew and decorate cakes beautifully, your faith would put most of us to shame, you're very smart and wise, you're musically talented... All this and you're still able to juggle a job, school, and talking to all four daughters almost everyday. Amazing.

5. I have so much fun with you! It's easy when you know all the inside jokes. I loved that you stalked boys with me in high school (not really okay!) and that you okayed the toilet papering outings. :-)

Thanks for always being there for me, Mom! The world is a better place because you were born!! I LOVE YOU.

1 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you. The best thing that has ever happened to me is my four daughters.