
I know this is delayed, but those who know me best will expect nothing less.
We had loads of fun for Cody's birthday! (8-28) My sister Allyson and her hubby John came down to visit us and were here over his birthday, sooo (big breath) they celebrated with us. We decided to go down to Phoenix and have the extended fam celebrate with us as well. We went to dinner at Picazzos (thanks Grandma). Then back to my Grandma's house for cake, presents, and ice cream. Per Cody's request, I made him a German chocolate cake, sans nuts, of course. In place of nuts I used a skor bar crushed into pieces. I'm told it was pretty tasty. Cody then took the 3 oldest girls out to swim with my two uncles.
The next day we visited with Grandma and had her specialty, "Eggs in a Nest" for breakfast. Yummy! Then we headed up to Red Rock to play in Oak Creek. The water was really icy and it was a little stormy, but fun was had by all anyway.
Here are some of the things I love about Cody:
C- cooking- he isn't afraid to get in there and try things out. While my sister and brother-in-law were here, he made Empanadas for dinner and for breakfast he made crepes. He did 50% of the cooking, at least!
O- optimistic- He sees everything with sunshine and roses;he hasn't met a challenge he didn't like. He is always sure we will find that sock, make it to the gas station, land the job and roof the house with success! He's usually right.
D- dutiful- he loves his family and he does everything he can for us. He goes above and beyond (see letter 'c')
Y- young- with the exception of shirking duties, he is still a big kid, in all the right ways. I love his energy!
L- love- he shows love in everything he does. He is constantly putting the needs of others before his own.
A- affectionate- he lets me snuggle with him while he "softs" my hair. He likes to hold my hand.
R- real- he doesn't hide his feelings. He is not afraid to share with me.
R-rational- he can dissect a situation without having to interject his own feelings.
Y- y-axis- he is so darn smart! I am amazed at how much he knows!
pics to come
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Cody's Birthday!
Posted by The Bliss Bouquet at 7:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is cute Kris! I agree with all those things! You are a good wife!
Post a Comment